Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day two of our homeschool adventure...


Overslept again....that's going to be a nasty habit for me to break....but I woke well rested and ready to go today.

Read 1 Corinthians 13 again, we'll probably do that every morning this week over breakfast and chocolate milk. 

Today he wrote in his journal about patience, since love is patient.  His picture was of himself waiting patiently for his turn to talk to me while Katie finished what she was saying.  He understands how that is showing love to his sister and to me.

He wrote a letter to his daddy.  This was the entire letter: "Dear dad, tell the pilot to be in Alcatraz or Transylvania.  Love, Robin"  I'm thinking that's code for something.....like, the dog barks at midnight....

The roads were icky and we were running low on time, so we looked at art around the house instead of a trip to the library.  We chose a picture of sunflowers and roses my grandmother had painted several years ago. 

We talked about color and light and shadows and then he drew his own picture, complete with shadows.

We spent time in my old anatomy book from college. 

We used Katie as our model to understand where the clavicle, humerus and scapula were located. 

We also checked out her spine and looked at cool pictures of cadavers. 

He ate that up. 

We talked about x-rays and muscles and the joints of the hand and ankle and how his body is put together.  And then he drew a picture of the muscular system. 

Math kicked my butt...

Katie and I played dominoes... and then I watched her neatly set up and then destroy piles of blocks. 

I watched how Robin tapped his pencils to count and drum out solutions to his math problems. 

Sean took the kids sledding, P.E. points there.

I called my grandmother and told her about her painting we had used for our "art class"....she loved it.

We had lunch.

We danced.

I untangled fairy wings from a skill saw...

We put meatballs in the crockpot for dinner.  We worked on handwriting.

And the day flew by.....can't wait until tomorrow.

H :)

1 comment:

  1. You untangled fairy wings from a skillsaw....love it!

    ReplyDelete