Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Robin Spencer...

Tonight in the car we're all driving along and giving my husband the worst time about his driving. 

In all fairness he did earn it.  He's texting while driving on a dark, windy, rainy night with a car full of loud kids....he was asking for it.

Katie and I (a little heavier on the "I" part) are teasing Sean about his inability to get some of the most basic places in town.  Places we have driven to hundreds of times, but because he's distracted he's making wrong turns and driving right past roads he should turn on.

Robin's in the back seat fully defending his daddy.  He's asking Katie and I to stop laughing and teasing daddy.  Robin starts to get frustrated with us, saying things like, "I can't believe you're saying these things, dad's a good driver!"  Sadly, all of this is completely out of character for my young one.  Normally he's the quickest to jump on the "make fun of daddy" bandwagon.

Finally, I turn around and tease Robin and say, "Oh, buddy, it's so sweet of you to defend your dad....you want good presents for Christmas don't you?"

He looks at me sideways and says, "Um, Yeah!"

Dang, that boy of mine is smarter than I give him credit for.

This picture is Robin as his classic favorite superhero....Nacho Libre.....

1 comment: