Saturday, November 13, 2010

A moment with Robin...


So, Robin's on the couch in his normal Saturday morning wardrobe (underwear and a giant blanket), doing his normal Saturday morning thing (spacing out in front of a cartoon) and I am making a quick breakfast.

I ask Robin, "What do you want on your toast?"  I hold out both hands and indicate with one hand at a time as I say, "Do you want honey? (hold up one hand) Cinamon and sugar? (hold up other hand).

He gives me the blank "I've been staring at the tv too long look" and says, "I'll have honey, cinamon and sugar"

I look at him again and say, "No, (and I hold out my hands again, one hand for each choice) honey .... cinamon and sugar..."

He says, "honey, cinamon and sugar."

I realize he's too spacey to keep doing what I've been doing so I say, "No, Robin, you can't have both, it's one or the other..."

He says, "I'll have the other."

Gonna be a long day again.

H :)

1 comment: