Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Guess who's back?....It's Grandma Jane! :)

Grandma came to visit us for a couple of days.  It's so stinking good to see her, I can't believe how much I've missed her.  She looks wonderful, she's back to her perky self and talked so fondly of grandpa being with her despite her being along now.  Her smile is wonderful and her laughter and songs are back. 

I walked in the door at my mom and dad's and gave her a big hug and we decided to run some errands and get lunch.  I walked past the guest bath she's using and noticed a large jar of green olives sitting on the bathroom counter.  I asked her why the olives were in the bathroom and she just said...."Oh Sara brought those to me....they are really good olives!"  I told her they must be for her to keep them in the bathroom.  I just hate it when I'm hanging out in the bathroom wondering why I can't find any good olives. 

On the drive to the grocery store she told me how she flies back home on Thursday evening.  She said her flight arrives at 6:55, but Bunco starts at 7:00.  So, they are going to use a dummy for the first part of the game until she gets there and the "second dummy arrives..."

Grandma actually likes all of our political signs around here.  She thinks Labrador is a funny name for a senator and she loves to say Senator Crapo.....of course she says it like "crap-oh" and exaggerates it and just laughs!

At the grocery store I told her I needed toothpaste....she thought I said toothpicks.....then she proceeded to look for the lumber section of Fred Meyer, because that's obviously where us Idahoans would keep toothpicks....

And then when it came time to buy the groceries, she had picked up batteries for her hearing aides along the way and since she had to buy the batteries, she insisted she had to buy all of the groceries.  I threatened to throw it down with her in the store but when she didn't back down I decided to be the bigger person and back off.  Plus I figured I'd get in trouble for elderly abuse or something....and that wouldn't be good for my image.

I'm so happy to have her here...I think she's jumped into another song about ducks....my quacking part is coming up.  Tootles for now.

H :)

No comments:

Post a Comment