Friday, November 12, 2010

Happiness is simple....

My kids are happy, and I think it's partially because they are excited about the smallest things.  For example:

  • Speed bumps.  As long as I hit them at a pretty good speed, speed bumps are a guaranteed giggle.
  • Pants.  Pants are good for wiping dirty hands, snotty fingers, spit...and anything else that belongs in the "generally gross" category.  Pants are handy, and if for some reason the kids aren't wearing pants, they are just beside themselves....and usually cold.
  • Popsicles. 
  • Farts.  My dad always says, "there's nothing funnier than a fart," and I have yet to have that proven untrue.
  • Snow.  Even the idea of snow is exciting to them.
  • Horses.  Mostly for Katie....but seriously, the fascination is amazing!
  • Change.  And I'm referring to the kind of change that involves nickels and dimes.  A couple of quarters and they are rich.
  • Arcade machines. They would like to use above mentioned change for this one, but since change is lost as soon as it's found....they are pretty happy just pushing buttons.
  • Backpacks.  It doesn't matter what's inside...a backpack will please them.
  • Bubbles.  Not to be confused with bubble-wrap.
  • Bubble-wrap.  It just makes a cool sound....I even have an app on my phone, keeps them busy in the grocery store.
  • New crayons. 
  • Scooby Doo. 
  • Candy.  Any kind....it could've been something I picked up in a doctor's office and sat in the bottom of my purse for a year....it's still candy.
  • Happy Meals.  "Hey kids, guess what Santa's bringin' this year?  McNuggets and a completely useless toy from a movie we'll never see that will fall apart the second we open it but you will refuse to part with!!"
  • Imagination.  We pretend everything....soemtimes to the point I start to forget who I actually am. 
  • Fireworks.
  • Cabela's.....between the fish tank and the "taxidermy tuft" they think we've been to the zoo.
I just asked Katie what her favorite thing in the world is....she said, "chocolate and horsey's."  Enough said.

H :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh - how I wish we adults were as easily pleased! It is sad really how we get to the point of taking things for granted - Jesus said we all need to become more like children.. I am off to get a Happy Meal and wipe snot on my pants... Thanks girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget about Cabela's...they should rename that store, "the happiest place on earth!" :)

    ReplyDelete