Monday, January 3, 2011

First day of homeschool...

I woke up a little late so I hustled upstairs and freaked out Robin.  I said, "Robin, hurry, you are gonna be late for school!"  It took him a few seconds to catch on.

We had breakfast together and did a bible study on 1Cor. 13, we talked about what love is, and what love isn't. 

He drew pictures and and wrote sentences. 

He did a spelling list.

We had recess....and it involved Star Wars battles and poptarts...

We worked on his handwriting....he perfected his letter "e" (which we'd been struggling with for a while at school) and I realized half the problem was that he held his pencil the wrong way.

Threatened to tape his fingers to the pencil in the correct place.

Robin taught Katie the Ten Commandments....and he learned how to spell commandments.

I'm waiting for my curriculum so we worked on some math worksheets, he did problems on the whiteboard, we played with flashcards, and made patterns with blocks.

We had a Lego fight....Robin won.

We ate lunch...hot dogs, cheezits and chocolate milk.

We played PIG with the nerf basketball and hoop...I won....neener-neener.

We sat and he read me two books, it took him 45 minutes and that's the longest he's EVER sat and read to me....it was amazing!

We played guitar....or at least I did, they listened.

Currently working on what we'll do tomorrow.  I still didn't get everything done I had planned on accomplishing today, but I've heard such is the life of the homeschool mom....you can pretty much say that everyday. 

Tomorrow we'll do more handwriting and math and reading and maybe we'll look at how bones are constructed or check out rhinoceros' (maybe I'll learn how to spell rhinoceros')  And check out an art book. 

I managed to still finish up two loads of laundry, make dinner, put away clothes, get beds made, a few good talks with Sean and play in the Olivia House with Katie. 

There's a peace in the house today....it's that peace that comes when you finally just buck up and do what God has asked you to do....even if it's hard and requires more than you thought you had in you, more than you thought even He had in you.....and it's totally worth it.

H :)

4 comments:

  1. Very cute, Heidi! I started homeschooling this year, too. It has definitely had its ups and downs, but I like it more than I thought I would.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're such a great mom and now an encouragement to other home schooling moms!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you and your kids. It can be difficult sometimes.... but very rewarding. :) You will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heidi Heidi Heidi. You are such an inspiration. Thank you for sharing your world and insight!

    ReplyDelete