Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday, monday...

This is now the third Monday of our homeschool adventure for the Wrestlin' Rhino's School for Misfits, and so far they are getting progressively worse.

Last Monday, I found it quite challenging to get Robin to stay focused...

Today, I found it quite challenging to get him to stay seated...

He wanted to play football after lunch, I said, "No, let's do some history and math and then you can play football."

"But I'm tired of school today mom...I already know enough!  I even know what 100 plus 100 is."

I said, "Okay, what is 100 plus 100?"  He said, "One hundred and two."

I said, "Yeah, let's get back to work."

Later we sat down to read and both small ones asked for a piece of chocolate.

Since I'm never one to turn down chocolate I said, "Sure, but you gotta get the little Dove chocolates out of the pantry."

They thoroughly enjoy reading and later quoting to me the sayings on the inside of the Dove wrapper.

Today, I read the inside of Robin's candy to him, it said, "Your smile lights up the whole room."

He looked at me with a big smile....with teeth and lips covered in chocolate and said with garbled chocolate breath, "Well, does it?"

I just said, "It sure does buddy..."

H :)

1 comment: