Thursday, September 16, 2010

So, here’s a life motto for you…

I have been sick for the past couple of days and of course I am the only one sick around here, so between my cold and all of my “wound care” (yeah, see previous blog)…..our house has been looking more like a scene out of “Lord of the Flies” as my good friend Cassi would say.  Seriously, if I’m not planning, making, coordinating….the small people might start to eat each other as soon as they run out of poptarts. 

Last night, one child woke me up because he was scared, so he went and crashed on the couch, the other child came down a few hours later because she wet the bed, and my husband got up around 4:30 to head off to  a men’s ministry event, so then one of the small people headed in to my room as soon as dad bailed and it was over from there.  I took Nyquil to get a good night’s sleep, but that obviously didn’t happen….so as 8am rolled around today I was still too out of it, it was what I call a “just throw a hat on it” kinda day. 

“Throw a hat on it” days are decently common for me, it’s the “yeah, I stayed up too late watching 30 Rock reruns in the DVR” look, or “um, I’m not fully prepared for today’s meeting, so I choose to read over hygiene, “ or my personal favorite, “I just make this hat look good!” 

So today was a “throw a hat on it” day, because I don’t think I would have trusted myself with a curling iron seeing as how I was still in some state of my Nyquil induced coma.  Believe it or not, I got kid numero uno to school right as the bell rang, I led two ministry groups, got one kidlet to football practice, and coasted thru back to school night.  Not too bad for a “throw a hat on it” day.  

Maybe tomorrow I'll go with the fedora...... :)

1 comment:

  1. The Nyquill and curlng iron thing is a bad mix - good job on the "throw on a hat" decision! Hope you get caught up on your sleep!

    ReplyDelete