Wednesday, September 15, 2010

So, I go to the doctor....

I'm new at this blogging thing....I mean I actually had to go to Wikipedia and figure out what "blogging" actually was, and then I had friends send me links to blogs they follow and I thought....I could do that!  So, here I am, posting and stuff. 

Anyway, I go to the doctor today just to get a prescription refilled and I show her a mole on my shoulder that's irritating because it's itching, and it's driving me crazy!  So, she takes a look at it and immediately has the "yeah, that's not good" expression going on all over her face.  So, she says, "let's just biopsy that bad boy today, right now" (okay, that's not verbatum, but it's close enough).  Then I tell her I have a blister I'd gotten after a 3 mile walk the other day that's really irritated and hurts like crazy.....she takes a look at that and says, "yeah, that's not good, you need antibiotics and we need to 'slough' off the top layer to get the infection out of it."

Um, I was moderately okay with the mole thing....not so bad, but the blister thing, I was ready to crawl into a corner and say, "you never saw me, or my nasty ol' blister....," of course, by then it's too late, I need to man up and take care of these things.  The trouble was I had brought my 4 year old daughter, Katie, with me, thinking I was only doing the prescription thing.... not thinking the poor kid was going to be subjected to her mother's whining and body fluids and major surgery, for crying out loud!!! 

They moved me to another room and Katie held my hand, and counted on her fingers and told me a story....she was great.  The blister was the worst part of the whole experience of course, but thankfully Katie prevented me from biting off a chunk of the table or anything- I was really glad she was there.  Didn't think a 4 year-old could provide moral support, did ya? 

Tonight I'm trying not to stress over my creepy mole dilemma.  It's out of my hands and my control and I just get to wait patiently.  I can choose to be a stressball of ulcers, or choose to continue to allow myself to trust in the Lord, the one who knit me together in my mother's womb.....it's just a mole......

I can also check out my cool blister scar and pop a few antibiotics and call it good for a night.  So, goodnight, and have a pleasant tomorrow. :)  (Oh, I'm kind of a freak about Saturday Night Live.....guilty pleasure, what can I say.....)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad Katie was a help and not, well, the opposite! Glad you are blogging! Hope the mole turns out not to be a problem :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Blogdom!! And keep us updated on the whole mole thing..

    ReplyDelete