Wednesday, September 29, 2010

grandma Jane....day three

Well, I thought today was quieter with grandma, not much new to report.....that was until I caught her hurrying around the dining room table swatting at a fly, while people were eating....she's been pretty upset with that dumb fly all day.  She thought she had it at one point, but held back before she destroyed her grandson's dinner.

She kissed Katie goodnight and whispered as she hugged her: "I love you little, I love you big, I love you like a fat little pig!"

She was wondering about texting...since everyone in the family does it.....but then she thought again and said, "well, none of my friends do it....so why start now?"

Today she showed me the old oak tree where grandpa first asked her out, it was to a dance.  Grandma said, "well, you're the first one to ask me, so I'll go with you...and then grandpa said, 'well that's just great!' and then he ran off!"

We spent the evening with my great Aunt Sue (she's 85ish)...I tried to talk them into a road trip to Reno....they said they weren't up for it....tonight.....I'll ask tomorrow :)

At one point tonight I told grandma, "You gotta go big or you gotta go home."  She looked at me and said, "Yeah, I'll just go home."

She makes me laugh....nothing too fun down the disposal today....but we did hit Taco Bell again, after she got her "hair did".

Tomorrow is dry cleaners and the social security office.....I think we hit the end of new things to do in the routine, so I guess we just start over again.....

H :)

No comments:

Post a Comment