Monday, September 20, 2010

Yeah, I am not a vending machine....

So, I'm helping my son with his homework. it's been a long day and I try to escape to use the restroom.  I just click the lock when his homework comes sliding under the door. 

"Mom, is this right?"

"Hang on buddy, I'll look in just a second."

Now he's on his stomach, yelling at me through the crack...."but, is it right?!"

"Can I have a minute to go to the bathroom and then I'll look at it?"

"But I just want to know if it's right?  I can't read!"

"I know you can't read....but I am not a vending machine....you can't just shove things in the slot and expect to get something in return!"

I push the homework back out from my side of the door and turn around only to find a small set of 4 year old fingers poking under the door...."Mom, how many fingers do I have?" 

My response, "you have all of them now....unless you want to lose one of them, I'd back away from the door...."

As the fingers retreated I just kept thinking....I am not a vending machine......

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! So glad to be past that point - but it will be precious to you someday!

    ReplyDelete