Wednesday, September 15, 2010

So, there's a bug in my salad, and other awkward conversations...

There's a bug in my salad, and other awkward conversations....

So, this is my favorite question to ask people.  You're at a friends house, having a nice dinner they have prepared for you and you notice there is a bug in your salad.....what do you do?  Dun, dun, duuuuunnn!!!

People have had lots of answers for me, some want to dispose of the evidence and never talk about the problem.  Others whip it out, lay it on the table and want to hash it out right then and there.  I have heard some qualify there answer with, "Well, it depends on how close of a friend they are..." or, "I would probably talk to my friend, but never a family member about it."  I think the qualification makes them feel better.

I myself would scoop out the bug, make sure it's dead, pull my host aside, tell her the story of how I found the bug, show it to her, and laugh hysterically.....that's just how I roll.  I'm completely useless in most important situations (especially the ones where someone has fallen down), mostly because I'm laughing too hard.  I'm laughing hysterically, probably snorting and bent over, making some kind of attempt to stop, but only making it worse.  Yeah, I'm that sad.  And I know there are people out there who are just like me.  Let's get the yucky stuff in our relationship out of the salad and onto the table and let's have a good laugh and later a good story we can exaggerate about and expand upon....the infamous night of the stalker tomato bug!

I thought I'd start a blog to talk about stuff that happens to me.  I am a wife (for 9 plus years), and mom of two great kiddos.  I will refer to Robin and Katie (my kidlets) often, so get used to it.  I have the wonderful priveledge of staying home with my children and volunteering in ministry....also something I will refer to frequently.  Life isn't always easy, or fun, or clean, or pretty, or booger-free, or sanitized, or dusted....it just is, and it should be filled with joy.   "Rejoice with those who rejoice and mourn with those who mourn." Rom 12:15.  Most days it's either laugh or cry, and some days its both.  But, to end the day on a good laugh and to find joy in the mundane is something I can offer, so here we go.....starting up a blog, and watch out for bugs in the salad....
 
 
draft
1:26:00 PMby Heidi

3 comments:

  1. I love your words, Heidi - you have a way with them!! I have always been intimidated by your awesome facebook status updates =). Can't wait to read more about your everyday life with your beautiful family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!! This is what I call good entertainment. I am so glad that you figured out the whole blogging thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls.....stay tuned...or blogged....or whatever.....gotta work on my lingo...

    ReplyDelete