Monday, November 1, 2010

I don't think June Cleaver had to put up with this stuff...

Yeah, so kids have a way about them.  An obnoxious way, that's disguised in adorableness...

When I think of the perfect "at home" mom I think of June Cleaver.  Her kids were a bit troubling at times, bringing home frogs in their pockets, or strange friends, or crazy ideas....but there are times with my small metabolizing beings that I think, "Dude, June Cleaver never had to put up with this..."

  • This morning I had to move the entire dining room table over so Robin could eat his breakfast in his underwear directly in front of the fire in the fireplace.  Now I know you're thinking....why not ask the kid to just get dressed?  Trust me...it was easier to just move the whole table.

  • We've been working on Robin's table manners....they've gotten terrible since he started school.  Belching (and the subsequent pride that follows the belch) at the table is one of my least favorite habits he's recently picked up.  He has to put his nose on the wall every time he burps.  As he was putting on his shoes I heard a noise come from his general direction....and then "don't worry Mom, I didn't burp....that was a fart..."  Yep, new punishment coming for that one soon too.  Ugh!

  • I don't think the Cleaver kids ever used the powder bath as their own personal Clark Kent/Superman phone booth...

  • I never saw June and Ward disagree over things they could put in the fireplace....I have a very "glass is half full" outlook on life....and a very, "Yeah, we could totally burn that" outlook on everything else. :)

  • I don't remember an episode where she had to discuss proper booger-flicking with "the Beav".

  • And finally, I doubt Mrs. Cleaver ever struggled to get things done because she was distracted by Facebook!
H :)

No comments:

Post a Comment