Thursday, November 18, 2010

So, it's been a long day...

It's been a long day.  Up early, not good sleep last night because of hacking and coughing children and I think someone had a nightmare interruption somewhere....I don't know, I tried to sleep through most of it.....

Sick hubby today, whiney squirts running around and I'm trying to update databases and e-mail addresses in order to get accurate communication out for our church community.

End of the night my eyes feel about crossed (I don't know how people look at a computer screen all day), kids are finally in bed.  Husband is medicated and headed off to hopefully a restful la-la land, when I hear "mom" come from one of the offspring upstairs. 

I was just picking up my guitar too, to work thru some stuff and finally get some time to untie my brain in a quiet living room, so I probably didn't answer with the kindest and most gracious "yes, sweet son of mine" back up the stairs...but somehow he knew I was responding to his call.

He said, "What's on the schedule tomorrow?"

In the back of my brain I'm thinking...."wow, that was a great way to ask that question, and he even used the word 'schedule'...dang!" 

And since I know the next couple of days are going to be crazy with Sean and I at a marriage conference and the kids will be shuffled between grandparents over the next couple of days; I spend a good minute or two explaining to Robin exactly where he goes right after school tomorrow, the activities and plans for tomorrow night, Saturday morning, mid-day, the switchoff to the other grandparents, their activities at Nana's house and then I tell him we'll pick them up Sunday afternoon.  I'm feeling pretty proud of myself for putting this all together in my head and communicating to him precisely what will happen with the "schedule".

He's quiet upstairs for a second and finally goes, "No, mom, what's on the schedule for lunch tomorrow at school?"

"Oh, chili dogs....'night buddy."

"Night mom"

Like I said, it's been a long day....

H :)

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I hope you had fun at the marriage conference. We went once like 6 years ago and loved it. We vowed to make it a priority and go each year.
    Hmmm . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand! Was the marriage conference really good? My husband and I have considered it every year and never end up going...

    ReplyDelete