Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Homework with Robin...

Robin is six....he is a professional (at being six).

He is in the first grade and while I miss him terribly during the day.....I do enjoy the break from time to time.  He is a crazy wild ball of energy and I love him to pieces....but seriously, homework time is honestly a mixture of the best and worst part of my day.

I feel looney with mood swings, between laughing hysterically at him and trying to wrangle him back into a seat to just finish up his work!

Here's a few of our moments:

"Robin, get off the table and just write your words."

"Robin, Captain Fart Head is not a superhero....he doesn't wear Fart glasses or a Gassy cape....write out your spelling words!"

"Mom, how do you spell school?" 
"Robin, why are you writing the word school? It's not on your spelling list?" 
"We have to draw a picture and I'm telling how you holler at me to get out the door to 'school'"
"Fantastic Robin..."

Katie spends half the time watching and whispering in my ear, the weird part is most of the time she whispers the right answer to me....not sure what to do about that one...

Lots of words rhyme with butt....

Gobstoppers are very motivating...

He reads better when he's drumming two pencils on the table at the same time...

And this is only the first grade.....I'm in so much trouble....




2 comments:

  1. First graders and homework is just torture to begin with. Boys and homework is just torture to begin with. Put it together, and....ya. Riley would eat three pencils before we ever got done with math.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah youth... thank goodness you have it while your kids are little, you need the stamina.....
    By the way - love the addition of pictures!

    ReplyDelete