Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Yep, today, I was just tryin' to get home....

Woke up this morning early, knowing I would head back home to Idaho.  It's been a tough couple of weeks and I knew it would be hard to leave my grandma....turns out it was tough just getting home....

I will bullet point our day....just to get right down to it:
  • very emotional leaving grandma this morning, and since she left for another appointment before we left for the airport, I left her love notes.  One long one under her placemat at the dining room table, and numerous other notes all over the house...in the form of post-its.  One where she keeps her crossword, in the drawer with her nail file, on the bathroom mirror, in her favorite chair, on her stamps, on her computer, in the kitchen cupboards, calendar and mailbox....and one more note on grandpa's favorite chair that said, "we love grandpa too..."  I left crying....but that's practically normal by now
  • the flight with the small people that live with me was interesting,
    • Robin asked the flight attendant for coffee
    • He also checked the plane for the fire and water they have on the emergency pamphlet....I think he was disappointed he didn't find any
    • Katie wanted to know when the yellow things pop out of the ceiling...she wants one
    • She also wants to know when the plane shoots rockets
    • Robin thought it would be cool to crash land the plane, and spent time looking for good mountain ranges for it to land in- and that way he could use the "Ironman" skills he's been working on...you know, like picking up the plane and stuff....good thing he spent so much time reading the emergency evacuation plan.
    • Robin enjoys turbulence and was bummed when the "bumps" went away
    • Robin and I tried to play "wet willy....pass it on...."  but Sean didn't feel like participating.....
    • He couldn't understand why the planes don't have airbags
    • As the flight attendant was coming down the aisle, Robin is chanting, "Nuts, nuts, bring me some nuts....nuts, nuts, bring me some nuts!"
    • My brother in law told Katie that the sign on the tray table said, "no laughing while sitting down"...she believed him, so it was a quiet flight for her
    • Robin thought the tray table was a transformer....thank goodness for imaginations!
  • The best part of the whole flight was when Katie had a potty accident on the descent....when we weren't allowed to get out of our seats.  She was terribly upset and embarrassed for her "accident" and it didn't seem too bad....until we got off the plane and realized my sister had left her purse conveniently under Katie's seat....and it caught most of Katie's "accident".  The good news is that the iPod will make a full recovery, bad news is that her cell phone will be in ICU for a bit....
  • Changed Katie at the airport, grabbed some dinner and we were just 1/2 mile from home when we heard a funny noise and realized we had a flat tire....one u-turn and Les Schwab later (still open after closing time for some strange reason) and one "your still under warranty" tire slapped on the minivan we were finally heading home-thank you Lord! :)
  • The house looked great, the yard was beautiful and the dog was so excited to see us he threw up all over the living room carpet.....
But hey, I'm home, all the tires work, clean sheets on my bed, grandma's fine, kids are playing, husband is full, dog is.....well, I don't know how the dog is.....but otherwise I'm just glad to be home! :)

H :)

No comments:

Post a Comment