Friday, March 18, 2011

Bracketology....



So....it's March Madness time.

For the past ten years we've done the whole bracket thing with a group of friends.  Some of our friends now have kids that are participating in the bracket....which is kinda weird, but I'm still not afraid to trash talk with a nine year old, that's how thick skin is developed, right?

Anyway, I usually do okay most years.  I really only care about beating my husband....I could come in 2nd to last place as long as his name is right below mine.  I'm not competitive or anything, I just really have to beat him!

So, this year I pulled my usual trick, while Sean is paying attention for weeks before the tournament, reading articles, following ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN HD, ESPN 85....and then diligently following selection Sunday and weighing out all of the scenarios teams are playing under, I could care less.  In fact, the soothing sounds of the jibber jabber on selection Sunday tend to lull me into a delicious slumber.

I wake up from my nap, refreshed, hungry, and awaiting the e-mail from my husband where I get to make my picks....which historically has consisted of random upsets, picking teams because I like their mascots or not picking teams because they rejected me when I was submitting college applications (yeah, Washington...I'm talkin' to you!).

This year though I'm a little worried about my selections and my reputation....my husband is quite a few points ahead of me and has made some rather smart choices, once I actually started paying attention.

Oh well, I guess I could let him win just this once....and I won't be bitter about it...I swear!  Hey check me out....I'm maturing.

H :)

1 comment:

  1. Have you learned nothing Heidi?!?!? If Sean wins, it will be because YOU LET HIM win! That's how it works. Chris Lang

    ReplyDelete