Thursday, March 24, 2011

Ode to my mama...



I was glancing at a picture of my parents today and it provided the inspiration for today's blog.  I love my mom, she's great.  She's funny and crazy smart, and usually knows the right thing to do in any situation.  And while I do LOOK like my dad in drag,  I have however noticed there's a couple of my mom's crazy quirks that are seeping thru the genetic gene pool I never really thought I'd see...

  • I'm beginning to truly appreciate bacon so crispy it's actually dusty.
  • I dance in the grocery store and don't realize it....until the kids say something.
  • I value a good fleece vest.
  • I like the imaginary break on the passenger side of the car....I use it often.
  • I try with all my might to not to swear....but if I do, I make it good.
  • Uck....no matter what pants I buy....no matter what style.....they are still mom jeans.
  • Everything is better with balsalmic vinegar and olive oil.
  • Poptarts are to be toasted and buttered.
  • There is no better time to plan for the next meal than while I am stuffed from the last one.
  • Don't go to bed angry.
  • Smile and nod.
  • Thank you notes.....okay, so that one is always in the back of my mind....not so much on the actual writing of them, gotta admit.
  • I talk to myself and when the kids catch me, I tell them I'm just singing...
  • I will look for my cell phone in my purse, and panic thinking I've lost it, while talking on my cell phone...
  • Try to always comb the kid's hair so it looks like no matter what, "somebody loves them".
  • Date your husband.
  • Wine is good and often necessary.
  • Finally, say "goodnight" whenever you leave or hangup the phone...never say "goodbye".  Goodbye can be forever while goodnight is see ya soon.
My dad is great and gave me my quirky sense of humor and large calves, but my mom is responsible for a lot more than I tend to give her credit for....love ya mamasita....oh you too Pops.




1 comment:

  1. So sweet!
    But now I'm worrying that my kids often don't appear loved... ;)

    ReplyDelete