Thursday, March 17, 2011

Some days you gotta dance...



Playing brokety-broke ball for too many weeks lately.  Not so much on the side of really fun things I like to do.

So, we've been getting creative around here.

For instance instead of going to the bounce house place...the kids get to jump up and down in the living room....whenever they want.

Instead of going to the movies, we watch one of the 75 million cable channels and I talk the kids out of every toy and cleaning product they see advertised.  Apparently we have dirty showers and they are quite concerned about this fact and Kaboom would be great to get because there's no scrubbing!

It's Thursday, so I decided to submit an application for a reality show....I'm sure nothing will come of it, and I wasted a whole five minutes of my day....but it was break time for school and the kidlets where occupied upstairs so I figured why not?

Kids have been bored out of their gourd with all of the lovely rain we've had, so we've spent lots of time encouraging our imaginations.  The kids played with Auntie Sarg and Uncle J Wadd the other night.  Katie put on a sailor hat and pulled out a globe and a magic blanket that would transport them anywhere....but of course Auntie Sarg had to paddle and I think J Wadd was steering the blanket....I don't know, I was off playing guitar with my pops.  Anyway, from what I could hear they spent time in Canada looking for silverware and then they moved onto Iraq...just to look around.  Katie has a very curious finger and she tends to pick spots on the globe that are colored in pinks and purples....so look out Uzbekistan....you might be next.

And we dance a lot.  Katie and I prefer to dance while doing the dishes....Robin prefers to dance while he should be writing in his journal.  I can take away all distractions to get him to get his work done....but I can't take away his love of the dance.....unless I introduce electric shock therapy...but I'm afraid I might end up too trigger happy with that one.

So, in summary...broke sucks, jumping, TV, amazing scrubbing bubbles, Thursday, Uzbekistan and some days you gotta dance.

And that concludes my blogging experimenting for today.

H :)

No comments:

Post a Comment